Type-K Thread Turning Inserts
Sintered threading inserts with a chip-breaker
Carmex is proud to present a new line of sintered thread turning inserts with a chip breaker, designed to deliver top-notch results in an extensive array of materials.
The inserts are available for many popular thread profiles: ISO / UN / Whitworth (55°) / BSPT / NPT. Partial profile variants are also available (55° and 60°).
- Chip-breaker geometry assists in prevention of potential issues regarding chip build-up
- High edge security helps to extend the tool life, and achieve consistent machining results
- Compatible with standard Carmex thread turning holders
- KMR: Versatile grade for a wide range of materials, such as steel, stainless steel, superalloys, and non-ferrous metals. A multi-layer coated grade with high wear resistance, best suited for medium-high cutting conditions.
- KBL: An updated carbide grade that features an innovative coating capable of prolonging the tool life when machining steels, stainless steels, cast iron, and hardened materials (up to 45 HRC). Combines high toughness with exceptional heat and wear resistance.